Komende week is er weer ASCO 2022. Hier een aantal aanbevolen abstracten gerelateerd aan primaire hersentumoren en uitgezaaide tumoren in hoofd en centrale zenuwstelsel door Dr. Roger Stupp. Klik op de nummers van de abstracten voor de abstracten.
Dr. Roger Stupp, Professor and Medical Director of the Malnati Brain Tumor Institute, and member of the Advisory Board of PracticeUpdate Oncology, recommends the following abstracts that will be presented at this year's ASCO Annual Meeting, held June 3 through June 7, 2022, in Chicago and simultaneously online.
Poster Session: Central Nervous System Tumors
Sunday, June 5, 2022; Starting at 9:00 AM EDT
2029 Mebendazole in recurrent glioblastoma: Results of a phase 2 randomized study.
NS Menon, A Chatterjee, R Tonse, et al
2037 Final data from the phase 2a single-arm trial of SurVaxM for newly diagnosed glioblastoma. MJ Ciesielski, MS Ahluwalia, DA Reardon, et al
2045 Digital monitoring and assessments in patients with glioblastoma. Y Damestani, R Shi, K Li, et al
2047 Paxalisib in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma with unmethylated MGMT promoter status: Final phase 2 study results. PY Wen, JF de Groot, J Battiste, et al
2048 Revolumab: A phase II trial of nivolumab in recurrent IDH-mutant high-grade gliomas. C Dehais, F Ducray, L Belin, et al
Poster Discussion Session: Central Nervous System Tumors
Sunday, June 5, 2022; 12:30 PM−2:00 PM EDT
2015 Risk of intracranial hemorrhage with direct oral anticoagulants versus low molecular weight heparin in glioblastoma: A retrospective cohort study. L Reed-Guy, AS Desai, RE Phillips, et al
- This is an important report indicating that the frequent thrombo-embolic complications observed in glioblastoma patients can be safely treated with new oral anticoagulants as is the practice in non–tumor associated DVT/PE, with actually a decreased risk for hemorrhagic complications.
2016 Repeated opening of the blood-brain barrier with the skull-implantable SonoCloud-9 (SC9) device: Phase 1 trial of nab-paclitaxel and SC9 in recurrent glioblastoma. AM Sonabend, A Gould, Y Luan, et al
- This is a demonstration of the safety of a novel implantable technology to repeatedly and reversibly open the blood–brain barrier. This allows for a several-fold increased cytotoxic drug concentration in the brain parenchyma.
- This reviewer is somewhat biased as it is work of his own team.
Oral Abstract Session: Central Nervous System Tumors
Monday, June 6, 2022; 12:30 PM−3:30 PM EDT
2000 Phase II randomized study comparing proton craniospinal irradiation with photon involved-field radiotherapy for patients with solid tumor leptomeningeal metastasis. JT Yang, NA Wijetunga, E Pentsova, et al
- This small, but likely practice-changing trial, suggests that proton-beam cranio-spinal irradiation improves survival in patients with leptomeningeal disease compared with the standard practice of focal radiation therapy.
- The results are prone to numerous occult biases, yet the study addresses a fundamental question that needs to be confirmed in a homogeneous prospective controlled trial.
2001 Randomized phase II/III trial of veliparib or placebo in combination with adjuvant temozolomide in newly diagnosed glioblastoma (GBM) patients with MGMT promoter hypermethylation (Alliance A071102). JN Sarkaria, KV Ballman, SH Kizilbash, et al
- This trial was conceived based on solid preclinical data suggesting that TMZ resistance can be overcome by a PARP inhibitor. The trial is well-designed and puts this concept to rest; the results are in accordance with those from other PARP inhibitor trials.
- It will be interesting to see how the community and pharma is reacting with respect to ongoing and planned trials with other PARP inhibitors (some that may have clear pharmacologic advantages, not the least of which being truly brain-penetrant).
2008 Genomic analysis and clinical correlations of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) brain metastasis (BM). A Skakodub, KR Tringale, HS Walch, et al
- Understanding the molecular origin for CNS metastases predilection may help in designing adequate preventive and risk-adapted strategies.
- ASCO 2021: aanbevolen abstracten specifiek gerelateerd aan hersentumoren
- ASCO 2019: Aanbevolen abstracten over hersentumoren en centrale zenuwstelsel van ASCO 2019
- ASCO 2018: Belangrijke abstracten van ASCO 2018 gerelateerd aan hersentumoren
- Reguliere oncologie: een overzicht van recente ontwikkelingen en belangrijke studies in de reguliere oncologie