Zie ook het ervaringsverhaal van Bob met niet kleincellige longkanker stadium 4 met atezolizumab.
4 december 2017: klik op de titels voor de studierapporten.
Cancer immunotherapy has become a popular anticancer approach, with the goal of stimulating immune responses against tumor cells. Recent evidence has demonstrated that the use of monoclonal antibodies targeting the programmed death ligand-1 (PD-L1)/programmed death-1 (PD-1) checkpoint pathway can result in well-tolerated clinical responses in a wide variety of tumor types. This review summarizes the safety, clinical activity and biomarker data for the anti-PD-L1 antibody, MPDL3280A, from a phase Ia multicenter, dose-escalation and -expansion trial. The data to date suggest that MPDL3280A is most effective in patients with pre-existing immunity suppressed by PD-L1 and reinvigorated upon antibody treatment.
|Tumor Type||na||All-Grade AEs, %b||Grade 3/4 AEs, %b||Data Cutoff|
|Bladder11||68||57%||4%||January 1, 2014|
|Melanoma12||45||80%||16%||January 1, 2014|
|RCC18||69||80%||3%||April 21, 2014|
Abbreviations: AE, adverse event; RCC, renal cell carcinoma.
|Tumor Type||nb||ORR, %||Dosed by Date||Data Cutoff|
|Overall10||175||21%||October 1 2012||April 30, 2013|
|Melanoma12||43||28%||July 1 2013||January 1, 2014|
|NSCLC10||53||23%||October 1 2012||April 30, 2013|
|RCC18||62||15%||October 21 2013||April 21, 2014|
|Other10||23||13%||October 1 2012||April 30, 2013|
Abbreviations: NSCLC, non-small cell lung cancer; ORR, overall response rate; RCC, renal cell carcinoma.
- Follow-up of Prostatectomy versus Observation for Early Prostate Cancer
- Seizure Rates in Enzalutamide-Treated Men With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer and Risk of SeizureThe UPWARD Study
- PD-L1 Inhibition With Atezolizumab (MPDL3280A) for Solid Tumors
- Radiotherapy and MVA-MUC1-IL-2 vaccine act synergistically for inducing specific immunity to MUC-1 tumor antigen
- Meta-analysis Shows Association of Minimal Residual Disease–Negative Status With Improved Survival in Multiple Myeloma
- ASCO 2017: I-SPY 2 Trial: Combination of Pembrolizumab Plus Standard Neoadjuvant Therapy in High-Risk Breast Cancer
- 20-Year Risks of Breast-Cancer Recurrence after Stopping Endocrine Therapy at 5 Years
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Initiates Immuno-Oncology Clinical Study for Glioblastoma in Combination with Regeneron’s PD-1 Inhibitor
- Unraveling PD-L1 Assays in NSCLC: Are They Interchangeable?
- Update on Phase III JAVELIN Gastric 300 Trial of Avelumab in Pretreated Advanced Gastric Cancer